By Tomboy KC | Photography by SUKILYNN
For as long as we can remember, we’ve counted on Target to bring us high fashion trends at prices that make us go “I’ll have another.” From limited time fashion collaborations with high profile designers we couldn’t afford without Target’s help, to Nate Berkus’ design aesthetic in our homes and under budget, Target has always known how to take what we see in the pages of glossies and make it work within our attempts to actually save some of that hard earned cash.
Next on Target’s list to make the world a better place? The beauty box. The beauty buff’s equivalent to the book of the month club, beauty box subscription services that send surprise variety packs of makeup, hair, nail, fragrance, and skin-care products are all the rage these days. Seeing as how one trip down the beauty aisle can result in a wishlist about as long as our inseam, the idea of someone sending us travel sized samples of products we’ve had our eye on has always been something we were in support of. So when Target hopped on the try-it-before-you-buy-it train, we rushed to climb on board.
In creating its beauty box, Target pulled products straight from its shelves – an important fact when it comes to seeking out the full-sized versions of product you fall in love with. Gone are the days of trying a face cream sample and having it change your life, only to later find out it costs $200 a pop (hashtag not a Hilton). It’s safe to say, if it’s in the Target Beauty Box, you can afford it.
Another bonus? Target’s box isn’t a subscription service. It’s just a box of product for you to try at a discounted price. $5 to be exact. Half the cost of subscription services and full of product you know is coming ahead of time. That’s right, no subscriptions and no surprises. Target has taken the industry model and officially given it the Target treatment.
Here’s what we found in our box:
(1) L’Oréal Infallible Makeup Extender Setting Spray – We have yet to try this out, but this is one of those items we have always walked past and thought “Does that work….?” We probably never would have bought it for ourselves, but we sure are glad to have it to play with. We’ll be sure to update you on our experience.
(2) TRESemme’ TRES Two Extra Hold Hairspray – We are always looking for a travel sized spray and never seem to pick one up. Jackpot.
(3) SheaMoisture Superfruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal System Shampoo – Another product we have yet to try, but we opened up the cap to smell it and are feeling pretty good about how our test run is going to turn out.
(4) Maybelline Color Elixir – This stuff is like gold. We already own it in red. Adding another color to our repertoire is worth the cost of the box on its own.
(5) Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream – We won’t rest until we have tried all of the eye cream. All of it.
Find your style @targetstyle
Target has taken the industry model and officially given it the Target treatment.
In the post:
L’Oréal Infallible Makeup Extender Setting Spray | Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream | TRESemme’ TRES Two Extra Hold Hairspray | Maybelline Color Elixir | SheaMoisture Superfruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal System Shampoo