By Tomboy KC | Photography via Kimberly Schlegel Whitman
As far as we’re concerned, there’s nothing in life that can’t be personalized. Or monogrammed. Plastering initials all over everything from handbags to home goods has become our literal trademark and we’ve grown accustomed to emblazoning our wardrobe with it’s own glorified “If Lost Return To” stickers whenever possible.
Happily, fashion has boarded the train to personalization with us. Thanks to thoughtful retailers, you can letter stamp your flats, hashtag your clutch and even monogram your Louis Vuitton monogram without taking it to your neighborhood seamstress.
Our friend Kimberly Schlegel Whitman recently came out with her new book, Monograms for the Home, and it’s beautiful. Full of fresh ideas on how to take your penchant for territory marking and apply it to every aspect of your life, we asked the monogram maven to give us a list of the top ten things we need to have monogrammed this Fall. Here’s what she said:
- “The Tote – A Fashionista’s carry all. For all of your most prized possessions, check out DTLA, who is adding customization to all your leather accessories.
- The Clutch – Lucite’s having a moment, as seen in NYWF a few weeks ago. Check out Charlotte Max’s custom (and therefore monogrammable) clutches here.
- Statement Jewelry – I hold near and dear to my heart my Hannah Ferguson Jewelry, as I chose to engrave my children’s initials.
- Leather Driving Gloves – Who doesn’t want monogrammed driving gloves?
- The iPhone Case – A way to claim every girls’ most important accessory. Check out these from Minnie and Emma.
- Shoes – Charlotte Olympia’s ABC Customizable Flats are shoes for every day.
- Stationary – Taking steps to follow etiquette protocols when saying thanks ensures that your expression of gratitude is perceived as sincerely as you intended.
- Tennis Shoes – These NIKEiD shoes were made for walking.
We’ve grown accustomed to emblazoning our wardrobe with it’s own glorified “If Lost Return To” stickers whenever possible.