By Lynsey Eaton | Image via Studio McGee
If you’ve been following along on Insta-Stories, then you know that we have reached a turning point when it comes to the house. The painters are prepping, the counters are being installed and we’ve ordered the last of our finishes. Yep, the countdown has started people.
It’s been a bit of an indecisive mess over here for the last few weeks. Between lighting, hardware and wallpaper, this whole doing it yourself thing finally started to kick into high gear. That said, I am proud to report that we came out unscathed (for the most part), and I am pretty happy with where we are headed. Especially when it comes to the powder room.
Here are the details:
- Finding the perfect wallpaper for the powder room has been a major chore, mostly because I wanted something printed and fun but neutral enough because the powder room is off of the mudroom which, if you remember, is covered in this tile. I finally found the perfect paper in Peter Fasano’s Pintade in Camel. (Thanks to those of you who pitched in on Insta!) It’s printed, neutral and the perfect mix of that traditional/modern thing we’ve been going for. Can’t wait to get it installed!
- I knew I wanted a pedestal sink from the get-go. The only real decision here was finding one that had modern lines without going full mod. We decided on the Kohler Memoirs Pedestal because of it’s square top and clean lines.
- I love the look of the Kohler Purist faucet, but needed to reserve some funds for other areas. We’ve got a Delta Trinsic faucet in our current house and it’s similar, more affordable and I absolutely love it. So when it came time to select the more modern faucets, I stuck with what I knew. For this bathroom we are using it in the champagne bronze which I think will look really nice against the wallpaper.
- I wanted a simple and more industrial looking fixture and immediately fell in love with this Barbara Cosgrove sconce.
- Finally, to break up all of the warm tones, I really want to use a chrome mirror. I like the look of this circular one from Pottery Barn, but haven’t committed yet. If you’ve got recommendations send them my way!
It’s been a bit of an indecisive mess over here for the last few weeks. Between lighting, hardware and wallpaper, this whole doing it yourself thing finally started to kick into high gear.