By Lynsey Eaton | Photography by SUKILYNN
Putting together a beauty routine when you have the counter space and shelving to collect product is one thing. Coming up with the same routine while you’re on the road is something different altogether. With limited carry-on space and different concerns (just thinking about getting on an airplane makes my skin dry up), your travel arsenal has to be more thought through.
As we are headed to New York for Fashion Week (cue the dry skin again), here’s what I’ve got in my carry-on:
- Amore Pacific’s Color Control Cushion Compact – This cushion compact is filled with liquid foundation (yep, you read that right) and provides flawless coverage on the go. I keep this in my handbag and use it the whole trip.
- La Mer’s Perfecting Treatment – OK, so I don’t have a travel size of this and it is pretty bulky to carry with me, but it is worth it. Especially when you are headed to something as stressful as Fashion Week. It does double duty and works as a primer, instantly transforming your skin to something akin to velvet, but is also perfect when I want to go makeup free because it clears up your complexion and smooths out your pores.
- Caudalie’s Premier Cru The Elixir – I have a mini bottle of this that I use to moisturize while away from my plethora of oils at home. It’s good for morning and night, so it’s the perfect one to have on hand.
- Benefit Cosmetics’ Gimme Brow – No one has room to carry tons of brow shaping products around, which is why my go-to is this one stop brow volumizing fiber gel that fills while simultaneously keeping those sprouty hairs at the corners flat and under control.
- Chubby Sticks & Lancome’s Matte Lip Crayon’s – I usually bring one or two of each – the chubby sticks in glossy everyday shades and the crayons in an orange red and a burgundy. That way I am prepared for just about anything.
- Darphin Intral Cleansing Milk & Toner – These are another set I have in miniature sized bottles. I use the cleanser with my Clarisonic Mia FIT (which is perfectly compact and easy to travel with) because it is an ultra-gentle formula that lifts away impurities and make-up while soothing and calming my travel-stressed skin.
- Clinique’s All About Eyes Serum – This stuff comes in a rollerball with a metal end that serves as a de-puffing eye massage on application. Seriously, so amazing after long nights out or just a long plane ride.
- Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensée Cologne Travel Spray – Like whoa. I never receive more compliments than when I spritz a little of this magic elixer on pressure points. While the Vanille Insensée is a personal favorite, if you’re the kind that selects your scent based on the weather and/or occasion, at .14 oz a spray, your carry-on will have room for the entire collection. (And at just $45 for all eight fragrances, so will your wallet.)
With limited carry-on space and different concerns (just thinking about getting on an airplane makes my skin dry up), your travel arsenal has to be more thought through.
In the post:
Darphin Intral Cleansing Milk & Toner | Clinique ‘All About Eyes’ Serum | Clinique Chubby Stick | Caudalie Premier Cru The Elixir | Clinique ‘Just Browsing’ Brush-On Styling Mousse | Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensée Cologne Travel Spray | Chanel Compact Foundation