By Lynsey Eaton | Photography by Danielle Sabol
One of my favorite things to do is scroll through consignment websites like The Real Real or Vestiaire Collective. Not only are there deals to be found on current season pieces, but it’s the perfect place to find that pair of shoes you passed on a few years back but just can’t get out of your head. You know the pair…
Which brings me to my point: Five pairs of shoes you shouldn’t pass up if you find them out there in the ether in your size. Just add to cart and don’t look back.
- Gucci Crossover Mules – The above pair of mules I found on discount in the back of a bargain bin and it felt like all of my dreams came true. They are the perfect statement shoe – of the moment while still feeling a little vintage. Plus they are comfortable and, no matter what color you buy, they go with just about everything. This is a pair of shoes you’ll be wearing proudly in ten years.
- Gucci Princetown Fur Mules – Not only are the Princetown flats classic and sure to be your go-to for years to come, Gucci has just announced that they will no longer be working with fur, so the fur-trimmed version are very likely some of the last fur items ever to be made by the iconic house.
- Manolo Blahnik Hangisi Heels – Now almost ten years since Carrie Bradshaw made the blue pair famous in the Sex and the City Movie, these babies are still as iconic as they were then. If you find a pair, nab them. They’ll always be the perfect Cinderella shoes.
- Stuart Weitzman 50/50 Boots – As far as over the knee boots are concerned, these are the beginning and the end.
- Chanel Espadrilles – All day everyday from Spring into Summer, these iconic flats are never going to go out of style. They are that pair of shoes that you are going to wear until the soles are thin and then have them re-soled so you can wear them again and again.