By Tomboy KC
It is time to dust off those mothball and sweater-filled boxes and exchange your flip-flops for ankle boots. Fall is coming. There probably isn’t a transition more drastic than that from bikini bottoms to sweatshirts, so we are here to take the “what” out of the “what to buy” to make your transition into fall as seamless as possible. This is the TomboyKC “must list” for rounding out your September through November wardrobe. From accessories to the perfect button-down, these five pieces are all you need to get through the changing of the leaves.
1. The Vest – Long, structured and occasionally embellished, the vest is a major contender this season. Add a little drama to your menswear look with a lapel like this one from Topshop.
2. The Scarf – Around your neck, down your lapel or wrapped around your wrist, if the past was all about jewelry, the present is all about the re-imagination of the scarf.
3. The Plaid Button-Down – Button-downs are pretty much a must-have every season, and this one is no different. Looking for an update? Trade your solids for crisp tailored plaids to pair with your structured trousers.
4. The Ankle Boot – This fall’s boot sits delicately at the ankle. Sturdy, functional and updated with exotic materials and luxe hardware. Our favorite pair of the season is this embellished style by Toga. If you’re in the market for something on the affordable side, we also have our sights set on Michael Kors’ timeless pointed toes.
5. The Shoulder Bag – A 70’s update to a tailored classic makes this season’s shoulder bags worth the major investment. Perfect for everyday and the long day’s journey into night.