By Lynsey Eaton | Photography by Danielle Sabol
We are always asking makeup artists and skincare pros to give us the list of products they are obsessing over. From makeup to cleansers, forcing a person to narrow their makeup bag down to only five products really separates the wheat from the chaff. Which got me thinking: What are my Top Five?
So without further ado, here’s what I’m taking with me everywhere…for the time being.
- Amore Pacific Color Control Cushion Compact – I discovered this compact at an event. At first I politely listened to the facts about it, but when I saw the product rep remove the cushion from the compact and realized it was full of foundation and not powder, my mind was blown. Then, when I saw the flawless coverage I could get on the go (priorities), I was sold. I have carried this guy with me ever since and have convinced many a bystander that they need one, too.
- La Mer Perfecting Treatment – The minute I put this miracle cream on my hand I was a believer. It instantly transformed my skin to something akin to velvet and I didn’t know how or why, but I wanted it on my face and fast. Although it is the perfect primer, my favorite use for it is on days when I want to go makeup free. It clears up my complexion and smooths out my skin without having to get all dolled up. Sure, it’s on the pricy side. But some products are so good they are worth skipping a few meals over.
- Biologique Recherche Biosensible Serum – The Spa at the Joule here in Dallas offers a Biologique Recherche facial that is anything but ordinary. I had the luxury of trying it out and chatting with the French doctor who created the line afterwards about the products and techniques used. I’ve been obsessed ever since. This Biosensible Serum reduces skin sensitivity and combats inflammation, so it’s a must-have for me. (You’ll note that there are two Biologique Recherche products on my list, but in truth I use the whole cleansing system on a daily basis. These are just two of the products I love the most. If you have the chance to make it out to the Spa at the Joule, I highly recommend you try the facial and then stock up afterwards. )
- Biologique Recherche Placenta Serum – I don’t know what’s in this and, truthfully, I don’t want to. All I know is that whenever I use it around my eyes I see a noticeable difference when it comes to fine lines and dark circles. That’s enough for me.
- PHLUR Fragrance in ‘Hepcat’ – It’s no secret that I have somewhat of a weird obsession with fragrances. So this wouldn’t be my must-have list without one on it. While I change my preferences with the seasons, right now I am living in Phlur’s Hepcat, and not just because the bottle is gorgeous. In Phlur’s words, it’s deep and complex like your old philosophy professor. Perfect for this transition into Fall. Plus, it’s a heavier scent that follows you around (but not in a creepy way).
Some products are so good they are worth skipping a few meals over.