By Tomboy KC | Image courtesy of Cyndle Komarovski
It’s understandable: You’re makeup bag is less curated than a middle-schooler’s Tumblr page. With the endless product on the market and the constant recommendations from friends, family and some random person you mostly don’t know on the internet, sometimes it’s hard to discern what is actually worth having on your top shelf. But that’s OK. And that’s why there’s this Top Five column, the place where professional make-up artists like Cyndle Komarovski – whose work has graced the pages of Elle, Vanity Fair, Vogue and W, to name a few – can weed through the chaff for us and tell us what we should be keeping at immediate reach. So what is Cyndle’s Top Five?
- “Tatcha blotting papers are my favorite. They remove shine without having to apply more powder.
- The Lancôme cushion compact brightens and evens out your complexion without looking like you have anything on—plus it has SPF, which is an added bonus. The compact comes with a little sponge and mirror for easy application.
- YSL Rouge Pur couture Matte lipstick in Rouge Rock. I always have a red lipstick on hand, you never know where the day might lead you! This color looks beautiful on everyone and adds an elegant touch.
- SPF is essential for proper skincare, Clarins SPF 40 Dayscreen is light weight, oil free and doesn’t leave a white film.
- RMS Beauty Lip & Skin Salve. Not only are the ingredients certified organic, it’s multipurpose! Use it on lips, cuticles, eyelids, and cheek bones for a fresh pick me up.”
— Cyndle Komarovski
I always have a red lipstick on hand, you never know where the day might lead you!